Register to Vote!
Please be sure to forward the list below which outlines next steps:
- REGISTER TO VOTE AT COLLEGE
- Register to Vote by October 14
- Register to Vote after October 20 – available only at Early Voting Sites.
It’s called “One Stop” Early Voting / Same Day Voter Registration and begins October 20 and ends November 5. You will register and vote all at the same time during Early voting. You will need to bring proof of residence – a document showing your name & street address. The location on the document will prove that you live at the address you will use as your place of residence on your registration form.
If you’re living off campus: use a bank statement, pay check, utility bill, or copy of lease.
If you’re living on campus: you’ll receive an official email from school showing your name, room number & dorm name. Print it out and take with you when you go to vote.
- CHECK YOUR NAME
You will receive your Voter Registration Card in 2-3 weeks. If you don’t receive your Voter Registration card:
- Call & ask if you’re registered at the Board of Elections (336) 641-3836.
- Check on-line (with your phone or computer) Type in Board of Elections Guilford County, scroll down to voter information lookup, type in first and last name — that is all you need — and click “search” to access a file with your name. Click on your name to see a profile of your voter registration information. Scroll down the page and you’ll see your election day polling location. If your name doesn’t appear, GO Vote Early and Register then.
- Keep this Voter Registration card; you don’t need it to vote.
- NO PHOTO I.D. NEEDEDwhen you vote at your polling place.
The Federal 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in July overturned North Carolina’s voter ID requirement. Barring changes on appeal, registeredvoters will not be required to show an ID when voting in person this fall.
- VOTEEARLY – AVOID THE CROWDS
- Early Votingstarts October 20 and ends November 5th. Bring your Proof of Residence
- GO TO THE RIGHT PLACE
- On Election Day, November 8th, go to your polling place. (Listed on your voter registration card)
You will be voting for President, as well as the U.S. Senate, U.S. House, Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, State Auditor, Commissioner of Agriculture, Commissioner of Insurance, Commissioner of Labor, Secretary of State, Supt of Public Instruction State Treasurer, State Senator, State House, County Commissioners, Board of Education, Register of Deeds, NC Court of Appeals, NC District Judge and NC Supreme Court Associate Judge & Bonds.
It’s Now Up to you! Vote for all the offices up and down the ticket! They all impact your life and future. .
- If you don’t go to your polling location you won’t get to voteup and down the ticket.
- On Election Day November 8th; all candidates from all parties and races will appear on your ballot
- GET HELP– Poll workers are there to help you. Have a question or not sure that you hit the “completed” button? Raise your hand and a helper will come over and check.